Nectar, the UK’s largest loyalty programme is today offering 10 million Nectar points to anyone who can prove that they are the first to discover evidence of alien life beyond Earth.* This is in direct response to the BBC’s concerns over the need to offer a suitable prize for signs of alien life as part of TV scientist, Brian Cox’s, ‘Stargazing Live’ show!
Speaking light-heartedly about his conversation with BBC bosses, Brian highlighted book tokens or Nectar points as potential prizes for anyone who discovers alien life.
In response to this, Nectar is offering 10 million Nectar points to the first person who can prove to have discovered evidence of sentient alien life beyond Earth at anytime during Nectar’s 10th birthday year (01 September 2012 – 31 August 2013).
Nectar, through its partner eBay is also offering triple Nectar points for the whole of this weekend (10 & 11 November) on the purchase of telescopes and binoculars, to help aid the hunt for alien life.
James Frost, Marketing Director of Nectar said: “This is probably one of our biggest ever offers. Although we’re the largest loyalty programme, we’re interested in new ways to expand our offering – so if alien life is discovered, we’d be happy to look at linking up with some new intergalactic partners.”
For more information about Nectar rewards visit nectar.com.
* Terms and conditions (in case they’re needed)
1. This promotion is open to all UK residents.
2. There is one prize of 10,000,000 (10 million) Nectar points. The prizewinner will be the first person to discover sentient alien life beyond Earth (as accepted by the international science community (including NASA) by 31 August 2013, provided such person emails firstname.lastname@example.org with their Nectar account details. The results of the promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are non-transferable.
3. The prizewinner must be prepared to take part in all publicity related to the promotion.
4. Details of the prizewinner can be obtained for a period of 6 weeks following the prize draw by sending an email email@example.com.
5. Promoter: Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Limited